[ZODB-Dev] roll back filestorage zodb to a certain date?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 12:27:58 EDT 2007

Rodrigo Senra wrote:
> I guess what Chris meant was:
>
>  Given a pivot point in time (date and time),
>  for *all* objects in the database (the whole Data.fs)
>  will suffer UNDO over transactions whose timestamp is
>  greater (more recent) than the given pivot timestamp.

Sounds about right...

> Nevertheless, some doubts:
>
>  - if you have several ZODB mount points, pointing
>    to different files ? Should all be considered
>    as a single database and suffer the same massive
>    UNDO operation ?

Yes, although I don't have to worry about that for this project, since I
only have one mount point to worry about ;-)

>  - Should that mega-undo imply in a ZODB pack as well ?
>    I suppose not.

Well, ideally I'm looking for non-transactional undo. ie: make the data
"go away", not "write an undo record".

>  - Wouldn't it be nice to figure out a way to specify
>    a restricted scope for this operation ? For instance,
>    give a relative root or set of meta_types ?

No, I want a quick, simple win here...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk