[ZODB-Dev] Re: roll back filestorage zodb to a certain date?

Dennis Allison allison at shasta.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 21 12:56:55 EDT 2007

Chris,

The ZODB is an append only file system so truncating works just find.  I
have used truncation occasionally to fix a coddled ZODB.  You can use any
of the standard tools (fsrecover, for example) to find the transactions
and their dates.  The position in the file is part of the fsrecover
output.  Pick a date and truncate the Data.fs to the specified position
and you should be good to go. You'll want to kill all the index files
before you take the truncated file live to ensure they get rebuilt on
restart.

Alternatively you could use Tres' technique--just add a new disk to your
system.  For a few hundred dollars you could have an additional 400GB!

-d