[ZODB-Dev] Missing loader for multidatabase refs?

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Fri Mar 30 09:27:38 EDT 2007

On 3/30/07, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> > Now my question is, should 'referencesf' load those multi-database
> > references, or should they be treated just like the 'weak references',
> > by returning None, or should something else happen?
>
> They should be treated as weak references, at least for now.

Would that cause any problem? Say there's two databases, and the
object in database '1' is the only one referencing some object in
database '2'. Since those references would be treated like weak
references, wouldn't the object in database '2' go away in a 'pack',
thus causing a PosKeyError when loading the object from database '1'
that still points to it?

> > Or maybe that
> > reference shouldn't be there in the first place?
>
> Where?  There references should certainly be in the data records,
> otherwise, cross-database references wouldn't work at all.

Right. I'm wondering how I did end up with a cross-database reference.
Seems like a copy/paste through the ZMI caused it. My question is if
that's expected/correct.

> > This problem is preventing us from packing a database. It just falls
> > dead with the KeyError 'n' when packing.
>
> What version of ZODB are you using?

The one included with Zope 2.9.6.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214