[ZODB-Dev] Re: ZODB Benchmarks

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 10:58:42 EDT 2007

On 11/2/07, David Binger <dbinger at mems-exchange.org> wrote:
> > But wouldn't then all other threads get a conflict?
>
> If they are trying to do insertions at the same time as the
> consolidation, yes.
> This data structure won't stop insertion conflicts, the intent is to
> make them
> less frequent.

But still, that does mean that in practice all writing threads will
stand still during consolidation, because if they do anything they
will get a conflict. And this whole issue only arises if you have
loads of conflicts, almost all the time, because you have many writes.

It seems to me having one thread doing a background consolidation one
transaction at a time seems a better way to go, although certainly the
best thing would be to test all kinds of solutions and see.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64