[ZODB-Dev] Re: ZODB Benchmarks

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Fri Nov 2 13:26:30 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 16:00 +0000, Laurence Rowe wrote:
> Matt Hamilton wrote:
> > David Binger <dbinger <at> mems-exchange.org> writes:

> >> Okay, perhaps the trigger should be the depth of the small-bucket tree.
> >
> > That may just end up causing delays periodically in transactions... ie delays
> > that the user sees, as opposed to doing it via another thread or something.  But
> > then as only one thread would be doing this at a time it might not be too bad.
> >
> > -Matt
>
> ClockServer sections can now be specified in zope.conf. If you specify
> them with a period of say 10 mins (or even 2) then the queue should
> never get too large, and the linear search time is not a problem as n is
> small.
>
> Essentially you end up with a solution very similar to QueueCatalog but
> with the queue being searchable.
>
> The pain is then in modifying all of the indexes to search the queue in
> addition to their standard data structures.

I don't think that you need to modify the indexes at all. You simply
pass the query arguments to the queue in the exact same way that you
apply the arguments to individual indexes.

I think with a little enhancement to QueueCatalog one should be able to
pull this off.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                   http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za