[ZODB-Dev] Re: ZODB Benchmarks

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Tue Nov 6 15:01:24 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 17:40 -0200, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> > Despite this change there are still a huge amount
> > of unexplained calls to the 'persistent_id' method of the ObjectWriter
> > in serialize.py.
>
> Why 'unexplained'? 'persistent_id' is called from the Pickler instance
> being used in ObjectWriter._dump(). It is called for each and every
> single object reachable from the main object, due to the way Pickler
> works (I believe). Maybe persistent_id can be analysed and optimized
> for the most common cases?

If you look at the profiler stats I posted earlier you would have
noticed that there was about 1.3 million calls to persistent_id while
only 20000 objects were persisted. So if it is being called for each
object I would expect a figure closer to 20000, not 1.3 million. What am
I missing?

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                   http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za