[ZODB-Dev] Bugs reviewed

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Nov 7 01:29:31 EST 2007

Hi,

Jim asked, if someone could review the open bugs that need to be addressed
before a final ZODB 3.8 release. Here is what I have found:

- New critical bugs that have no fix committed:

  * Bug #130459: Bug while packing blob storage

- Old critical bugs that have no fix committed:

  * Bug #98275: ZEO versus creative __getstate__

- New highly important bugs that have no fix committed:

  * Bug #121695: Shared writable blob directory causes various errors if flag
    is not set

- New medium bugs that have no fix committed:

  * Bug #10858: Blob tests leave threads behind

  * Bug #118512: DemoStorage.close should not close the underlying storage.

  * Bug #124613: Remove _p_independent mechanism

So, if we only need to fix new critical bugs for ZODB 3.8.0 final, then only
#130459 needs fixing. However, I have read through this bug, and the error
only occurs, if people misuse the blob directory for other stuff as well. So
I wonder how critical it is.

That said, I would love to see ZODB 3.8.0 final be out in the next week, so
that I can proceed with finalizing the Zope 3.4.0 release.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter