AW: [ZODB-Dev] diploma thesis: ZODB Indexing

Sebastian Wehrmann sw at gocept.com
Wed Sep 5 03:42:03 EDT 2007

Am 4. September 2007, 16:17:27 Uhr schrieb Jim Fulton:

> I would very much like to see an open indexing+querying framework for
> Python objects.  I'm thinking of something *like* an SQL engine that
> allowed one to plug in relation and index implementations and that
> took queries in some form, optimized them and executing them using
> the given index and relations.

We plan to realize three things important to us:

- We don't want indexing on application-level (e.g. application-specific)
- We want ad-hoc queries
- We don't want to rely on transforming the data into a relational model

My tutor is Christian Theune here at gocept.

My ZODB experience is quite low, I'm just getting started. Bear with any questions I come up, please.

The thesis will be written in my native language german, but we plan to translate it afterwards in english.
--
Sebastian Wehrmann

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 122988912 · fax. +49 345 12298891