AW: [ZODB-Dev] diploma thesis: ZODB Indexing

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Sep 5 14:00:14 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 05 September 2007 11:00, Christian Theune wrote:
> b) provide a low-level query API that is rich enough to let different
> query processors e.g. for SQL, xpath, ... work against them.

Having thought about this problem domain too (see my old work on ZOQLMethod),
there is a big difference between relational- and tree-based querying. I
wonder whether you can get both covered -- would be awesome though. :-)

I would definitely be interested in seeing public discussion about the
approach here. Some random thoughts that you probably know already:

* The storage of indices should be pluggable like the ZODB. This would allow
backends like pyLucene, BTree-based ones or even relational databases.

* One of the big problems right now is that there is no efficient way to do
inverses of searches. I think some time should be spent doing this.

* I really like the API of hurry.query. I would love to see something like it
as the backend for querying languages.

I am really looking forward to what you will come up with!

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter