[ZODB-Dev] problem with _p_mtime

Miles miles at jamkit.com
Thu Dec 4 08:39:21 EST 2008

Hi,

I've moved a FileStorage from one (old) machine to another (new)
machine, but when I mount it on the new machine I get a lot of time errrors:

Traceback (innermost last):
   Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
   Module App.special_dtml, line 176, in _exec
   Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Let, line 76, in render
   Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 703, in renderwob
   Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 76, in render
   Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Var, line 214, in render
   Module App.PersistentExtra, line 43, in bobobase_modification_time
   Module DateTime.DateTime, line 509, in __init__
   Module DateTime.DateTime, line 760, in _parse_args
   Module DateTime.DateTime, line 437, in safelocaltime
TimeError: The time 98040302366.810165 is beyond the range of this
Python implementation.

I googled around on this problem and didn't find much, but I did find
that as a temporary fix, I've put a try/except in App.PersistentExtra,
so if it generates an exception, it returns the current date and time.
This keeps things working.

Out of interst, can anyone tell me why there is a difference?  On both
machines, python was compiled from source with the same options, so I'm
not sure what this is down to.

More importantly, what's the most straightforward way to set all the
dates to usable values?  From my POV, it's fine to set them all to the
current date, but I don't know how to go about doing this exhaustively.

Thanks for your help,

Miles