[ZODB-Dev] problem with _p_mtime

Alan Runyan runyaga at runyaga.com
Thu Dec 4 14:17:34 EST 2008

We run consistency checks on the ZODB - the same as we do on SVN -- nightly.

  http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/trunk/src/ZODB/scripts
  - fstest.py
  - checkbtrees.py
  - fsrefs.py

We have never had corruption in years.
But I just wanted to ask what people are doing to find any problems
with consistency; so the problem can be solved ASAP.

Miles, have you run any of these scripts across your production ZODB?

cheers
alan

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:
> Miles wrote at 2008-12-4 13:39 +0000:
>>I've moved a FileStorage from one (old) machine to another (new)
>>machine, but when I mount it on the new machine I get a lot of time errrors:
>>
>>Traceback (innermost last):
>>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 115, in publish
>>   Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 41, in call_object
>>   Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 311, in __call__
>>   Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
>>   Module App.special_dtml, line 176, in _exec
>>   Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Let, line 76, in render
>>   Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 703, in renderwob
>>   Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 76, in render
>>   Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Var, line 214, in render
>>   Module App.PersistentExtra, line 43, in bobobase_modification_time
>>   Module DateTime.DateTime, line 509, in __init__
>>   Module DateTime.DateTime, line 760, in _parse_args
>>   Module DateTime.DateTime, line 437, in safelocaltime
>>TimeError: The time 98040302366.810165 is beyond the range of this
>>Python implementation.
>
> I expect that your storage is damanged and contains some garbage
> at a place where a serial should be.
>
> This could probably be fixed -- but other parts of your storage
> might be damanged, too.
>

> --
> Dieter

Alan Runyan