[ZODB-Dev] Python 3

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 11:22:53 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Adam <adamauckland at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a roadmap for getting ZODB to work on Python 3 or is that
> beyond the realms of possibility?
>
> Possibly, using a Python 2 ZEO server and connecting using a Python 3
> ClientStorage?

I can't speak for Jim, but here's my thoughts, anyway.

The biggest hurdles for packages that have substantial test suites and
development tool support (like ZODB) will be the availability of
tools.

At this point, setuptools and zc.buildout don't support Python 3 yet;
until setuptools is available there's unlikely to be any movement to
supporting Python 3 in the Zope world.

Hopefully, someone will deal with that fairly soon, but I can't bring
myself to hold my breath for it.

  -Fred