[ZODB-Dev] Re: ZODB Benchmarks

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Feb 7 14:26:44 EST 2008

Roché Compaan wrote at 2008-2-7 21:21 +0200:
>So if I asked you to build a data structure for the ZODB that can do
>insertions at a rate comparable to Postgres on high volumes, do you
>think that it can be done?

If you need a high write rate, the ZODB is probably not optimal.
Ask yourself whether it is not better to put such high frequency write
data directly into a relational database.

Whenever you have large amounts of highly structured data,
a relational database is necessary more efficient than the ZODB.

--
Dieter