[ZODB-Dev] IStorageIteration

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Feb 11 16:42:30 EST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008, at 4:19 PM, Christian Theune wrote:
> Context could be given as a reference date that is opaque to the
> client
> and can differ from storage to storage, a file pointer could serve
> this
> purpose. The API still might include the `length` of the data returned
> to minimize round-trips.

Actually, a file position doesn't work either, because the storage
server can't know that much about what it is serving.

I suspect the only sane approach is to make the storage server
maintain the iterator returned by the underlying storage on behalf of
the client.  This will cause resources to be allocated on the server
that might only be freed when the client disconnects.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation