[ZODB-Dev] General compatibility ZEO servers and clients

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jan 10 10:27:39 EST 2008

On Jan 10, 2008, at 9:32 AM, Christian Theune wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a general rule regarding the level of compatibility we try
> to achieve between differing versions of ZEO servers and clients?
>
> I ask because at least the (very appreciated) removal of versions
> makes ZEO clients and servers before/after 3.9 API-incompatible.

No, it doesn't.  Unless I screwed up, the ZEO protocol is the same. My
intention is to support ZEO Clients all the way back to 3.2.  The
server still supports the version methods in the ZEO protocol.

3.9 ZEO servers will not support versions, but this is no different
than using the earlier servers with storages that don't support
versions.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton