[ZODB-Dev] PGStorage

Flavio Coelho fccoelho at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 05:02:07 EST 2008

Thats a good thing to know, I will do some testing of my own...

Thanks

Flávio

On Jan 23, 2008 2:36 AM, David Pratt <fairwinds at eastlink.ca> wrote:

> Yes, Shane had done some benchmarking about a year or so ago. PGStorage
> was actually faster with small writes but slower for larger ones. As far
> as packing, as a zodb implementation, packing is still required to
> reduce the size of data in Postgres. BTW Stephan, where is Lovely using
> it - a site example? I had read some time ago that they were exploring
> it but not that it was being used.
>
> Regards,
> David
>
> Stephan Richter wrote:
> > On Tuesday 22 January 2008, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> >> "OracleStorage" was abandoned because it was almost an order
> >> or magnitude slower than "FileStorage".
> >
> > Actually, Lovely Systems uses PGStorage because it is faster for them.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Stephan

Flávio Codeço Coelho
"My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who
do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the
first group; there was much less competition."
Indira Gandhi
registered Linux user # 386432
get counted at http://counter.li.org