[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage now in Subversion

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Sun Jan 27 03:11:48 EST 2008

Andreas Jung wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the great work!
>
> One question: what is the ZODB patch actually doing? Is it for
> optimization purposes? Is it specfic to RelStorage or does it provide
> some general ZODB improvement(s)?

The patch is intended to be a general ZODB improvement that enables ZODB
to interact in a natural way with data stores that already provide MVCC
semantics.  It does this by allowing the storage to bind a separate
storage instance to each ZODB.Connection, rather than attaching all
ZODB.Connections to a single storage.  The patch also allows the storage
to provide object invalidations through polling.

I hope the patch, or a modified version of the patch, will be accepted
for inclusion in ZODB 3.9.  A monkey patch version is possible, but I'm
trying to avoid that.

Shane