[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage now in Subversion

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jan 31 09:14:09 EST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008, at 3:08 AM, Shane Hathaway wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>> On Jan 27, 2008, at 3:11 AM, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>>> I hope the patch, or a modified version of the patch, will be
>>> accepted for inclusion in ZODB 3.9.  A monkey patch version is
>>> possible, but I'm trying to avoid that.
>> I'm tentatively planning on including it in 3.9.  I need to review
>> it carefully. I also plan to make other changes in the invalidation
>> mechanisms, so I'd like to take this into account at the same time.
>
> I'm really glad to hear that.  I tried to make the patch as simple
> as I could.  Here is an overview of the changes the patch makes:

I can read patches. :) I've already reviewed the patch and understand
it. I want to think a bit harder about the consistency/timeliness
impacts of polling rather than notification.  I may also implement
this differently. For example, I *may* define multiple storage
interfaces and do some sort of adapter dance to assemble things
differently depending storage capabilities.  <shrug/>

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation