[ZODB-Dev] Mutating class of an instance

Erik Dahl edahl at confmon.com
Mon Jul 14 17:48:41 EDT 2008

Ok so I dug deeper into this and found that our pickles don't have the
class they just have the oid.  Now comes the part where you will most
likely say that I'm lame... :)

We are using an old version of zope 2.8.8 and our ZODB objects are
Persistent (from Globals) not persistent.  At the top of persistent_id
I see this:

if not isinstance(obj, (Persistent, type, WeakRef)):
    # Not persistent, pickle normally
    return None

Which seems to imply that the mechanism described (oid, klass) isn't
being used.  Am I right in assuming that our lameness has saved us
from the optimization problem pointed out in this thread?

-EAD