[ZODB-Dev] what could cause this kind of cache corruption?

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 11:48:22 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> However, I suspect the difference-that-makes-a-difference is the persistent
> cache files. With non-persistent cache files, iirc, the files are stored in
> /tmp as temp files under unique names, so this kind of problem can't happen.

As Jens noted, this is because you're sharing a cache file.  That's
one of those "don't do that" things.

It's often useful to have a separate instance that's used for run
scripts and debugging; configuring that not to use a persistent cache
is easy, and essential if you want to be able to run any number of
them at a time.

 -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at gmail.com>