[ZODB-Dev] what could cause this kind of cache corruption?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Jul 31 14:15:26 EDT 2008

--On 31. Juli 2008 18:53:18 +0100 Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>
wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>> The most recent releases of ZODB 3.8 have *numerous* cache-management
>> fixes. They also lock persistent cache files so you can't corrupt them
>> by trying to open them in multiple processes.  Some of the fixes affect
>> non-persistent as well as persistent cache files.
>
> Has zodb 3.8 made it into a stable zope 2 release?

Zope 2.11 ships with ZODB 3.8.0.

> What I'd *really* like is a stable zodb release with Christian's patches
> for zeoraid and Shane's patches for RelStorage that then feeds through
> into a stable release of Zope 2.

They aren't part of the ZODB 3.8  but part of the trunk/3.9 - right?

> What needs to happen for that to happen?

Since those changes/patches won't show in a ZODB 3.8, you likely have to
wait for ZODB 3.9 which would appear in Zope 2.12. Everything else  would
be against our basic release policies. An eggified Zope 2 version (perhaps
with 2.12) should allows to exchange the ZODB versions more easily *sigh*

Andreas