[ZODB-Dev] Runaway cache size

AFoglia at princeton.com AFoglia at princeton.com
Thu Jul 31 15:04:27 EDT 2008

runyaga at gmail.com wrote on 07/31/2008 11:55:38 AM:

> I believe it is common to have a theshold (say every 10000) objects to
> do a savepoint
> and then you can run cacheMinimize after the savepoint.
>
> surprised the zc.catalog does not provide this sort of knob. maybe it
> was a problem
> in the original ZCatalog implementation?

        I don't see why the zc.catalog would or should have such a knob.
The catalog doesn't even know about most of the data.  It just has copies
of the keys of the IOBTree and the values of one of the mapping fields
that are the values of the big tree.  When I query the catalog, the
catalog doesn't know or care if I actually look up the remaining
associated values of the returned keys.  In other words, I am not storing
the complete records in the catalog, just the ids.  (This may not be
typical usage, but it made sense to me.)

--
Anthony Foglia
Princeton Consultants