[ZODB-Dev] become a ZODB mentor in the Google Summer of Code!

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Mar 3 11:49:32 EST 2008

[I sent this off to the wrong mailing list before, but fortunately that
gave me the chance to correct some content too :)]

Hi there,

It would be great if we put our community's secret gem, the ZODB, into
the limelight more, and the Google Summer of Code would be a great
opportunity. We need mentors, and fast, so if you want to mentor
someone, please sign up in this wiki page here:

http://wiki.zope.org/gsoc/SummerOfCode2008

Ideas concerning ZODB improvements are also welcome on that page.

Besides the many technical ideas I'm sure you will all have, one topic I
think would be very nice is for someone to actually work on a ZODB
website. Unfortunately this cannot be a direct SoC project as the SoC
focuses on code, not documentation, but it'd be a nice potential side
effect none the less. :)

The aim would be to approach Python developers who don't care about Zope
at all, and tell them about the ZODB, how to get it, and how to join
into our community. Python developers who *do* care about Zope are of
course more than welcome too, it should just be clear that this is for
everybody.

Regards,

Martijn