[ZODB-Dev] Zeo Server as a single point of failure

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Mon Mar 10 20:04:09 EDT 2008

On Mar 10, 2008, at 6:34 PM, Kenneth Miller wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>>     I'm currently developing my application ontop of zodb/zeo, and
>> the idea of having the Zeo server the only single point of failure
>> still bothers me. My question is, has anyone thought of any
>> solutions for this. My idea was to have a few or more background
>> processes that kept multiple servers synced and concurrent. Any
>> thoughts?

- Zope Corp sells ZRS (http://www.zope.com/products/zope_replication_services.html
)

- Shane Hathaway's RelStorage (http://wiki.zope.org/ZODB/RelStorage)
promises to accomplish some of the same sort of thing with (for
instance) Postgres tools though the page I listed says that this is
untested.

- Christian Theune is working on ZEO RAID: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/gocept.zeoraid/dev

Gary