[ZODB-Dev] Re: ZODB Benchmarks

Manuel Vazquez Acosta mva.led at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 00:00:43 EDT 2008

Roché Compaan wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 07:36 +0200, Roché Compaan wrote:
>> I'll update my blog post with the final stats and let you know when it
>> is ready.
>>

> I'll have to keep running these tests because the more I run them the
> faster the ZODB becomes ;-) Would you have guessed that the ZODB is
> faster at both insertion and lookups than Postgres?
>
> http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za/Members/roche/where-im-calling-from/zodb-benchmarks-revisited
>
> Lookups are even faster then what I originally reported. Lookup times
> averages at 2 milliseconds (0.002s) on 10 million objects.
>
> I think somebody else should run these tests as well and validate the
> methodology behind them, otherwise I'm spreading lies.

Roché,

I'm very interested in your results. I'm assessing whether or not
implement an application with ZODB. I have had a previous good
experience, but was in a minor project. Now I need very fast lookups and
retrievals, possibly distributed DB system and as easy as ZODB.

Have done more tests recently?

On the other hand I'm wondering too how this relate to Zope.

Regards,
Manuel.