[ZODB-Dev] Re: ZODB Benchmarks

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Mar 25 03:36:50 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 09:08:28PM +0100, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote at 2008-3-20 22:22 +0000:
> >Roché Compaan wrote:
> >> Not yet, they are very time consuming. I plan to do the same tests over
> >> ZEO next to determine what overhead ZEO introduces.
> >
> >Remember to try introducing more app servers and see where the
> >bottleneck comes ;-)
>
> We have seen "commit contention" with lots (24) of zeo clients
> and a high write rate application (allmost all requests write to
> the ZODB).

I talked to Brian Aker (MySQL guy) two weeks ago and he proposed that we
should look into a technique called `group commit` to get rid of the "commit
contention".

Does anybody know this technique already and maybe has a pointer for me?

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany