[ZODB-Dev] pack script for RelStorage

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Sat Mar 29 18:20:03 EDT 2008

Eric Brun wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had convert a FileStorage (Data.fs) in to a RelStorage : Postgresql
> 8.1, psycopg2, Zope 2.9.8
> , Python 2.4.5, Plone 2.1 + FileSystemStorage
>
> Zope 2.9.8 have ZODB 3.6.3 version but patch for 3.7.1 run ...
>
> I have poor performance like FileStorage perhaps more bad
> My base have size of 5,5 Go. When I try to pack with RelStorage, it's
> very slow
> , I launch it for 15 hours without success yet.

That's too long, I agree.  I have just committed to Subversion a change
that makes RelStorage log diagnostic info during packing.  Could you try
it out and send me the relevant portion log?  Before you do it, please
enable debug-level logging in zope.conf by setting "level debug" in the
<eventlog> section.

You could also try setting the "pack-gc no" option in the <relstorage>
section.

Shane