[ZODB-Dev] ZEO Client Caching - Across multiple script runs?

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Mon Mar 31 12:26:10 EDT 2008

Kenneth Miller wrote:
> Is it possible to have a zeo client save and access a cache from
> script run to run? I'm writing a cgi-script that uses a zeo client
> connection to gather data and produce and image, and the overhead is
> quite alot. Seeing as with CGI, the script is initializing python,
> data each time.

While I might suggest using RelStorage instead, since its setup time is
shorter and no ZEO client cache is necessary, the time taken just to
load dozens of Python modules is still going to be a major burden for
CGI operation.  May I suggest using mod_wsgi instead of CGI?  That way
you'll be able to keep a semi-persistent process running.

Shane