[ZODB-Dev] Snapshotting state with DemoStorage

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Tue May 27 17:22:09 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a test case with Selenium RC. For this I need to be
able to set up a layer that includes a base state Plone site with some
data. I then need to be able to execute a number of Selenium tests
(which will perform operations that do ZODB commits across multiple
requests), rolling back to the snapshot state after each one.

Is it possible to create a fast "snapshot" with DemoStorage e.g. in a
ZopeTestCase layer, and then have the tear-down after each test revert
to this state? Doing the full setup (creating a new Plone site,
populating it) between each test run is prohibitively expensive!

I also saw zc.demostorage2, but didn't quite understand how it's
different or if it would help here.

Cheers,
Martin