[ZODB-Dev] zodb does not save transaction

tsmiller tsmiller at gnixterhouse.com
Thu May 29 16:07:48 EDT 2008

Christian Theune-2 wrote:

> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 07:55:19PM -0700, tsmiller wrote:
>>
>> ZODB list,
>>
>> I have a bookstore that uses the ZODB as its storage.  It uses qooxdoo as
>> the client and CherryPy for the server.  The server has a 'saveBookById'
>> routine that works 'most' of the time.  However, sometimes the
>> transaction.commit() does NOT commit the changes and when I restart my
>> server the changes are lost.
>
> This sounds like you are using mutable data types (like lists or dicts) in
> the
> non-persistence aware variants.
>
> Christian
>
> --
> Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com
> gocept gmbh & co. kg · forsterstraße 29 · 06112 halle (saale) · germany
> http://gocept.com · tel +49 345 1229889 7 · fax +49 345 1229889 1
> Zope and Plone consulting and development

Christian, thanks for the reply.
When I save a book I save a dictionary where all of the keys are strings and
all of the values are strings. But what you say makes sense.  I keep
thinking that it must have something to do with the data itself.  I will
check very carefully to make sure that I am not saving anything but strings
in the book record.  Thanks.  Tom