[ZODB-Dev] problem with broken

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Wed Nov 5 09:02:55 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 01:15:58PM +0100, Adam GROSZER wrote:
> Thanks for the advices on the generation script, but I think the
> problem lies in that the broken object is loaded fine but cannot be
> written back again to ZODB.

Yes.  You can't do anything with broken objects.  They're there only so
that you don't get an exception when loading an object that refers to
a broken object.

> Or do I misunderstand that broken is a sort of proxy for the missing
> class that allows it to be around?

Yes, but "being around" is a rather narrow goal that doesn't allow you
to do anything with it.

Marius Gedminas
--
Power corrupts, but we need electricity.