[ZODB-Dev] ZODB.lock_file.LockError error

Izak Burger izak at upfrontsystems.co.za
Tue Nov 11 04:56:14 EST 2008

Hi all,

We have a fairly large zope/plone site, with various bits of the site
split into separate databases, for example, all the members live in a
separate database. We also use persistent caches (which I think is
causing the problem).

We run zope 2.10.6, but we swapped out the ZODB with 3.8.1b9 a while ago
(before 3.8.1 was officially released). This is on Linux (google only
finds results for this error on that other OS).

The problem, which isn't too serious because we ignore it for now, is
that whenever we restart these instances it logs many many
ZODB.lock_file.LockError errors complaining that it could not lock a
.zec file (the persistent disk cache). After a while it clears up.
Because we use <email-notifier> in zope.conf to mail us errors, it means
that every restart creates a couple of hundred emails.

Is this a bug? I suppose I could just downgrade the log message to WARN
in the meantime?

regards,
Izak