[ZODB-Dev] Analyzing the committed data during one transaction

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sat Nov 15 10:11:58 EST 2008

On Nov 15, 2008, at 10:03 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> is there a way to analyze the data committed during one transaction?
> The current usecase is Plone. A simple change to a document causes a
> large transaction (between 30k and 100k even for a one-char change).
> I am interested to know how many of this data belongs  to the
> portal_catalog/index and how many are actually changes to the
> content object itself (or subobjects).

You can use a storage iterator to iterate over the data records in the
transaction.  You can analyse these records to see things like, their
number, size and type.

To look at a single transaction, pass the transaction id as the start
transaction for the iterator. Then call next on the iterator to get an
iterator for that transaction.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton