[ZODB-Dev] 3.8.1

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Fri Oct 10 13:43:57 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:20:51AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Oct 10, 2008, at 5:14 AM, Christophe Combelles wrote:
> >> http://zope3.pov.lt/buildbot/
> >>
> >> There is a new failure on ZEO/tests/
> >> invalidations_while_connecting.test
> >>
> >> An there is a problem with file locking on the 64bit slaves with:
> >> checkMultipleServers
> >> checkNoVerificationOnServerRestartWith2Clients
> >> checkReconnectReadOnly
> >> checkReconnectSwitch
> >> testNOK
> >> checkDisconnectedAbort
> >> checkMultipleAddresses
> >>
> >> Christophe
> >
> > The tests pass if they are run alone : http://zope3.pov.lt/buildbot/
> > It would be good to fix these concurrency problems

In the mean time I updated the buildbot config to run the tests
separately.  I don't know offhand if buildbot 0.7.4 supports the
interlocks documented in 0.7.9's documentation[1], so I just created a
new scheduler that runs the other set of tests 2 hours later.

  [1] http://buildbot.net/repos/release/docs/buildbot.html#Interlocks

> Yeah.  ZEO and ZODB (maybe just ZEO) tests are often sloppy about the
> files they create.  I recently modified the buildout to create
> temporary files in the test part directory, which should have helped.
> One of my near future projects will be to try to address this problem.

Speaking of temporary files, running the tests leaves over a 100 new
temporary files and directories in /tmp every night.  I had to create a
cron script to clean them up to avoid completely filling up the disk.

Marius Gedminas
--
When we say we want readable code, we don't mean we want to sit in a
comfortable chair and page through a Java-saga.