[ZODB-Dev] ZODB Blob Question

Alan Runyan runyaga at runyaga.com
Tue Oct 14 11:09:47 EDT 2008

Hi guys.

At the plone sprint we started reviewing some code that uses Blob.
The code that we reviewed is working in production although I wanted
to be clear about the expected usage of Blob.

ZODB/tests/blob_consume.txt

says that you *must* close a file before calling consumeFile().  It seems
the current Plone Blob implementation *does not close the file* before
calling consumeFile.  And all appears to be working.

Why must the file be closed before calling consumeFile?

And would you go as far as saying that if you *do not close* the file
before calling consumeFile - all bets are off.  You are not using Blob
as intended?

cheers,
alan runyan