[ZODB-Dev] Open Connections with RelStorage

Santi Camps scamps at earcon.com
Thu Oct 23 14:02:57 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Shane Hathaway <shane at hathawaymix.org> wrote:
> Santi Camps wrote:
>> RelStorage is really fantastic, I'm starting to use it in some
>> production environments with postgresql 8.1 and works really fine.
>> But I've observed the number of open connections is always increasing,
>> but never decreases.
>
> How many connections are we talking about?  It should stabilize at about
> 8 connections.  What version of RelStorage and Zope, and what operating
> system?
>
> Shane

Hi

I've 8 zope's with 4 threads each one, and I've seen more than 50 open
connections used by relstorage.   I was hopping one connection per
thread, like postgressql adapters does.  The number of connections of
relstorage doesn't depend of number of zope threads ?.

Versions are RelStorage 1.1c1 over Zope 2.9.4 and Debian etch

Thank you very much
--
Santi Camps
Earcon S.L. - http://www.earcon.com