[ZODB-Dev] Blobs, Copies, and Exports (Zope 3)

Jeff Shell jeff at bottlerocket.net
Fri Oct 24 12:58:28 EDT 2008

On Oct 24, 2008, at 5:06 AM, Christophe Combelles wrote:
>> What can I do here? I'm in the midst of a botched deployment of some
>> content updates for a customer. I thought that copying something
>> 'containing' a Blob would cause its contents to be copied. If this is
>> an exercise for application layer code, how can I get plugged in and
>> know when a Blob is being copied inside of a deep copy?
>

> I suppose it is related to this?
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/240381

It is exactly related to that. As Christian mentions elsewhere in this
thread, it's the copy that kills the blob content due to something
happening at Pickle time.

Does the patch in that bug report (which patches locationCopy) work on
all objects inside of a deep copy? Or does it only work on the root
object being copied?

Thanks,
Jeff Shell
jeff at bottlerocket.net