[ZODB-Dev] PyTables Storage

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Fri Oct 31 17:17:45 EDT 2008

Tim Cook a écrit :
> Does anyone know of any work being done on a PyTables
> http://www.pytables.org storage?

No, but I might be interested in such a thing, since I've created last year a
medical data analysis software on which I encountered such memory issues, while
looping over large structures in zodb.
I have looked at pytables a few times, but I've never tried it yet. (I had also
looked at SOOM (a component of NetEpi Analysis), which allow to compute stats on
very large datasets.)
Is it worth creating a new storage implementation for such cases? Don't just we
need to implement (or use an existing) specific structure in filestorage?

Christophe