[ZODB-Dev] 3.8.1b8 released and would like to release 3.8.1 soon

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Wed Sep 24 08:06:37 EDT 2008

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>> I'd appreciate it if people would try it out soon.
>>

> I can say that the combination of 3.8.1b8 and Dieter's
> zodb-cache-size-bytes patch does not seem to work. With
> zodb-cache-size-bytes set to 1 gigabyte on an instance with a single
> thread and using RelStorage Zope capped its memory usage at 200mb.

After having a few more zope instances break down it seems the behaviour
is slightly different: even with the zodb-cache-size-bytes patch
included but without setting that option in zope.conf Zope instances
will at some point stop responding without any hint as to why in any of
the logs. We do not seem to see this in another site, so this might be
due to an interaction with RelStorage.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman<wichert at wiggy.net>    It is simple to make things.