[ZODB-Dev] problems w/ Pickle based deep-copy of Blob objects

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Wed Sep 24 15:17:21 EDT 2008

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:20:51 +0200, Rob Miller <ra at burningman.com> wrote:
> Shane Hathaway wrote:
>> Rob Miller wrote:
>>> i'm assuming from the lack of response that nobody has a problem w/
>>> this
>>> change... if i don't hear differently within the next 24 hours or so,
>>> i'll
>>> commit the change to the 3.8 branch and the trunk.
>>
>> The change looks harmless, but please verify it passes the ZODB tests.
>
> it does.
>
>> You should also add a test that currently fails, but passes with your
>> change; that's the best way to ensure it won't break again.  I recognize
>> that may be fairly difficult, but there are a lot of people here who
>> will answer questions.
>
> no problem, this one was easy:
>
> http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/trunk/src/ZODB/blob.py?rev=91065&view=rev

i've made another fix and extended your test a bit (in
http://svn.zope.org/?rev=91439&view=rev) to also allow the blob to be
opened after cloning.  i ran into this problem when trying to get
plone.app.blob to work with versioning today, but unfortunately hadn't
updated to the latest zodb yet -- see
http://dev.plone.org/plone/changeset/22640.

cheers,

andi