[ZODB-Dev] SAN/RHCS use for ZEO server?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 09:43:59 EDT 2009

Andrew Sawyers wrote:
> I'll let you know shortly; I'm waiting on the test hardware for exactly
> this.   I will be using an EMC SAN and SRDF replication.

I'm particularly interested in how you'll move the SAN from the primary
to the secondary node in the even of primary node failure, and how
you'll bring the secondary's zeo server up when that happens.

I'm also interested in how the zeo clients fail over to the secondary
once it's up, or will you plan on doing a shared ip between the two nodes?

In both cases, I'm also interested in how pathological cases such as
failure mid-transaction, or worse, failure during a pack, are expected
to pan out.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk