[ZODB-Dev] ZODB 3.9

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sat Apr 11 10:25:40 EDT 2009

Here's an update. I finally got around to installing the free MS
express compiler so I can build on Windows with Python 2.6.  The ZODB
tests run on my 32-bit VM, so that's encouraging. (People had reported
the tests "crashing", which I assumed meant that the tests didn't even
run.)  I'm getting the zeopack failure, which I'll investigate.  I
didn't get the other 2 failures you reported.  I suspect they're
intermittent.  I have a frequent problem with zeo_blob_cache.test,
which is annoying, since I wrote it. :) It's testing a non-critical
blob cleanup mechanism that happens in a thread and is subject to test
race conditions.  So anyway, I think we're a lot closer than I feared.

Jim

On Apr 7, 2009, at 6:05 PM, Alan Runyan wrote:

>>> I was just reviewing what is pending for ZODB 3.9.
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/zodb/3.9/+bugs
>>>
>>> Looks like all of the bugs listed for 3.9 are fixed or fixes are
>>> known
>>> and pending.
>>> Is a ZODB 3.9 beta around the corner?
>>>
>>> According to changes.txt the first alpha of 3.9 was cut almost 1/2
>>> year ago
>>
>> ZODB + Python 2.6 on Windows is appearently an open issue.
>>
>> Andreas
>
> Where are the buildbot's/test runners for ZODB?  We just ran quick
> test and got the attached output.  I presume ZC has buildbot's for
> ZODB already running?
> <zodb-
> http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/

Jim Fulton