[ZODB-Dev] merging databases containing multidatabase references

David Glick davidglick at onenw.org
Thu Apr 23 18:02:03 EDT 2009

I have a multidatabase of 3 databases containing a handful of
multidatabase references.  (This was created out of a combination of
naivety along with a desire to be able to work with smaller files if I
need to pull down a local copy of the database from the server.)  Of
course, now I am running into trouble because I cannot pack one of the
databases without occasionally having an object get garbage collected
that is still referenced from another database, which leads to
POSKeyErrors when I try to load the object containing that reference.

Having now realized the folly of trying to split things into multiple
databases, I would really like to merge these 3 databases back into
1.  Any ideas for how I could go about this?  Based on http://docs.zope.org/zope3/Code/ZODB/cross-database-references.txt/index.html
  and some experimentation, multi-database references are not
supported by the import/export code.  Do I have other options?

thanks,

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the
environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidglick at onenw.org
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup