[ZODB-Dev] increasing order of oids?

Jürgen Herrmann Juergen.Herrmann at XLhost.de
Thu Aug 13 13:58:05 EDT 2009

hi there!

is there a strict requirement for oids to be increasing? having read
a ton of code my head is not so sure anymore, though i can't remember
seeing a requirement for such anywhere in the code.

if RadosStorage could pre-allocate oids in batches of thousands, that
would probably give me a big performance win, or to put it the other
way round: rados is not designed to be used for such time-critical and
at the same time completely synced operations. and getting new oids
will happen often...

best regards,
jürgen
--
>> XLhost.de - eXperts in Linux hosting ® <<

XLhost.de GmbH
Jürgen Herrmann, Geschäftsführer
Boelckestrasse 21, 93051 Regensburg, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Volker Geith, Jürgen Herrmann
Registriert unter: HRB9918
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE245931218

Fon:  +49 (0)800 XLHOSTDE [0800 95467833]
Fax:  +49 (0)800 95467830

WEB:  http://www.XLhost.de
IRC:  #XLhost at irc.quakenet.org