[ZODB-Dev] ZODB 3.8.3b1

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sat Aug 15 08:41:48 EDT 2009

Jim Fulton wrote:
> If you install ZODB3 3.8.3b1 normally, you'll get a strip_versions
> script in your bin directory. I'm not familar with the Zope 2 buildout
> or whether you can use ZODB 3.8 with Zope 2.12.

Hmm, okay, I'll play it safe then...

If I have a normal source install of Zope 2.9.10, how do I install ZODB
3.8.3b1 such that the zope instance will actually use it?

Or do I just need to install it into site-packages of an appropriate
python version so I can run the script on the data.fs file?

(sorry, having to guess here since I don't know how the script works -
is it over a zeo connection? does it modify the .fs in place? does in
generate a new .fs from an old .fs? Is it safe to use on a .fs in use by
a storage server?)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk