[ZODB-Dev] ZODB 3.8.3b1

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sat Aug 15 11:26:40 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Chris Withers<chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>
>> $ bin/strip_versions -h
>> usage: strip_versions input output
>>
>> Remove version records by copying input to output, stripping any
>> version records seen in input.
>>
>> The input and output arguments are file-storage file names.  If the -c
>> option is used, then the input and output arguments must be storage
>> configuration files.
>
> So is this safe to use on a Data.fs that's in use by a storage server?

Yup, where I assume you mean using the in-use storage as input. The
script makes a new copy.  After making the copy, you can change the
server to use that. Of course, changes made after copying won't be in
the copy, but if you just want to try the script out, you can just
point it at an in-use file. I did.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton