[ZODB-Dev] Repozo tests -- not

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Dec 2 02:46:00 EST 2009

Martin Aspeli wrote:
>   - there were no tests for the existing code

There are tests, they're just manual and spew a lot of output even when
passing, but they do (as best I could tell) exercise the backup and
restore cycle quite heavily.

I ran these before and after to verify they didn't fail but did exhibit
the behaviour I was trying to fix before I started and didn't fail *and*
didn't exhibit the behaviour I was trying to fix after.

>   - Tres wrote a trivial test for the trivial fix

Indeed. His test exhibited the problem prior to the fix and showed it to
be fixed after. (since the problem was a warning generated on import)

>   - You now found some different problem in the same code,

...but didn't say what it is. Jim seemed to hint it was a Python 3
problem. I'd warrant there are much more serious problems to be worrying
about for Python 3 first. If Python 3 compatibility is now a requirement
for any patches submitted, then we're well and truly fucked.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk