[ZODB-Dev] Repozo tests -- not

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 07:19:33 EST 2009

Jim Fulton wrote:

> In any case, nothing is deleted in subversion. If someone creates even
> minimal tests that exercise the code you changed, then I'll
> be happy to reapply the change. At some point, if no one takes
> responsibility for repozo, I'm inclined to remove it from the
> distribution, as there is an implied promise of support,
> which seems to be lacking.

I think all hope of anyone taking the ZODB seriously outside those
already wedded to it would be lost if there wasn't some kind of
supported backup solution. And ZRS is not such a thing. It's too
expensive and it is not open.

The correct course of action here, in my opinonion, is not to make
threats, but to try to encourage people to step up. I find that a
positive message works much better for encouragement than a negative one.

Martin