[ZODB-Dev] Repozo tests -- not

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Dec 2 11:51:20 EST 2009

Jim Fulton wrote:
> If you take the database down,

Right, that was what I was hoping you didn't mean ;-)
That's useless then.

> Repozo gives you, for FileStorage:
>
> - Online backups -- you can back up a database while it is running
> - Incremental backups
>
> Of course, it isn't being actively supported.

Of course, it's having the snot hammered out of it by what I would guess
is the largest group of ZODB users who run backups of any sort.

Myself, I use it to reconstitute a 20GB database on a backup server once
an hour, followed by running one of the myriad of zodb checker tools on
the backup.

It may not be actively supported but I'd wager we as a community would
find out soon enough if it developed problems.

I'll reiterate that in the universe the majority of zodb users inhabit,
dropping repozo is simply not an acceptable thing to do.

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk