[ZODB-Dev] Repozo tests -- not

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Wed Dec 2 15:36:30 EST 2009

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
>>> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> I'll take the responsibility of transforming the manual test to an
>>> automated...
>>>
>> Done in svn.zope.org/repos/main/ZODB/branches/test_repozo
>>
>> I added code changes from revisions 105888, 105915 and 105919.
>>
>> Tests pass for me on MacOSX with 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6
>
> Thanks for throwing yourself on that grenade, Godefroid.  I have checked
> in changes to your branch which:
>
> - - Use a tempdir for backup / restore.

Sure.

> - - Clean out module-scope imports.

Can you tell me why this is better ?

> - - Avoid shellling out to run repozo, but rather use its main(),
>   passing argv.

I thought of this but decided to not go that way to test that repozo can
actually run on a living database. Even if the code that was there still
needs to be modified to achieve that goal.

> - - Suppress noisy output, unless NOISY_REPOZO_TEST_OUTPUT is in the
>   environment.

Cool !

> Remaining cleanup would be to remove the "Monte Carlo" use of random to
> generate permutations:  the test takes a *long* time to run, because it
> tries to run 100 times and use random.random to get permutations of the
> three choices run:  these should be six separate tests, likely.

I had thought of this as well. This will be my next task.

--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha) http://bubblenet.be